RSS

August 31, 2010

On a Whim

It is a rare occasion that my husband and I find ourselves all alone on a Saturday morning but that is how we found ourselves a week ago. So, on a whim we decided to head to the mountains and play for a little while. After all, we didn't have any children at home with which to experience the "value of work". Scott and I headed to Sundance for breakfast and a mountain hike. Perfect temperature and beautiful scenery gave us a lovely August morning together. It was so refreshing to break out of the Saturday morning routine and be spontaneous.

When we left the lodge after breakfast a dab of bright color caught my eye. I think these little leaves were feeling a little whimsical too, since green is the routine color for summer.

4 comments:

Shauni said...

Oooh, I'm going to miss falls in Utah! So beautiful! I love Sundance.

You are so right about good mail. With all the "instant mail" we are accustomed to these days, nothing beats getting a good old-fashioned letter in the mail. Jeremy's grandma always includes a beautiful handwritten letter in each of the birthday cards she sends. I honestly can't remember when the last time was that I handwrote more than a thank you card. I love the ideas you post on your blog. I actually had to sub teaching RS last Sunday--Elder Hales conference talk about raising children--and I mentioned your blog and my new favorite word "deliberate". Thanks you!

Shauni said...

Or "thank you"--apparently I don't type very well either!

Julie said...

Funny. I took a picture of a lone red leaf on my burning bush yesterday. :)

Julie said...

I am so glad you starting blogging. I left a blog award on my blog for you. :)

Post a Comment