RSS

May 22, 2010

A Perfect Day


What would you write down if you were planning your perfect day? My darling hubby, Scott, gave me a blank schedule for Mother's Day on which I was to plan and enjoy my perfect day. The idea was to do something for myself since, as a wife and mother, I'm focused on doing for family most of the time. What a guy. I felt completely spoiled. I thought of what to plan; there were so many ideas from which to choose. I soon saw that I have a long list of perfect days in my life and they're all different. You know, some are holidays, time with family, giving quiet service, feeling loved beyond words, relishing in the many wonders of nature and regular moments in a day that all add up to "perfect". I cherish them all.

For my Perfect Day in May I chose to bike down to Utah Lake in the morning. . . .


Then do some shopping at noon. . . .
I tried watercoloring for the first time in the afternoon. It was really fun to see what would come out on paper. Scott was my teacher and he told me I show promising talent. . . .

Then spent the evening talking, laughing, reading, relaxing at Sundance Resort with my "watercolor instructor". How perfect is that?!
Everyone needs time to rejuvenate. Sometimes we get an hour or a day. Sometimes just 10 minutes to listen to soothing music before we close our eyes at night. But it's important to take time somewhere. It gives a lift to our worn down spirits, it's renewing, it helps keep us young.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your perfect day!

Kelly said...

What a sweet hubby u have! Glad u enjoyed your day! Thanks for calling yesterday:)

ckbutler.blogspot.com

Post a Comment