RSS

May 16, 2010

. . . and then, there I was . . .

Once upon a time I was a young girl of twenty. I met and married my "everything-is-wonderful-about-him dream guy. We've lived a happy life together, gone here and there, and done this and that. I bore and have loved being a mother to 5 great kids. Life has been good. We've learned, grown, been challenged, found satisfaction and joy.
After a few years our oldest child got married to a Perfect-for-him-in-everyway-gal. Love her! Then our second oldest child got married to a Perfect-for-him-in-everyway-gal. Love her, too! One day I went to the hospital with our first daughter (in-law) and watched a miracle happen--our first grandchild was born. I was at the birth of my own 5 children but things were different at this granddaughter's birth. Since I wasn't distracted by contractions or pushing, I just witnessed this little girl come into the world. I was in awe. And then, there I was, a Grandma! Two years later another "pink" baby arrived, (Smile), and we're just getting started with this next generation thing.
Not long ago my college-aged daughter asked me which I liked best, being a mom or a grandma. This was my reply, " I love being a Grandma. I feel like a grandchild's love is an extra bit of goodness in a parent's life and vice versa. But nothing beats being a Mom. You love, sacrifice, work, teach, and nurture your child and in return you are the center of his world. And that feels so good. Being a mom is the best! Being a grandma is magical!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE this! What a great picture. You will need to show me how you put it on your blog. I look forward to your next post!

Sally said...

Yay Linda! Great photo and loved reading your story! I'm excited to follow you blog!

Shannon said...

Loved your post. Can't wait to read more!

Trina said...

How smart you are to create such a wonderful blog. What a great opportunity for everyone to keep up on what you are doing and learning!

Post a Comment