RSS

May 22, 2010

Almond Butter Joy Oatmeal Cookie



I love food from the top of the food pyramid. But as I get older and, especially, as I feed grandchildren who's parents are concerned with the kind of treats my sweet grandkids eat, I have tried to up the health factor on my own recipe for a delicious oatmeal cookie. I replaced the shortening with butter and almond butter. The trans fats are eliminated and the almond butter adds great protein, fiber and nutrients. On my next tweak I'll try switching some of the sugar with honey. Enjoy!

Oatmeal Cookies
Cream together: 1/2 c. almond butter
1/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla
Add: 3 c. oats
3/4 c. flour
1 small instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. craisins
1 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped almonds
or choose your own combination of mix in's i.e. golden raisin, toffee bits, chocolate chips
Bake on greased cookie sheets for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not overbake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment