RSS

July 4, 2010

America, America, God shed His grace on thee . . .


Scott and I have been moved to emotion this 4th of July holiday. Maybe that's something that happens when you come of (older) age. We have felt a deeper appreciation for the blessing this country has been to us and how that has made life good. We are seeing things in this nation change and change is not always welcome. But change always brings opportunity to reach deeper inside of ourselves to sometimes adjust, sometimes stand strong, but to come out better than where we started.



One of my favorite new traditions is to attend the Patriotic Service held the Sunday before the 4th of the July. This service stirs a reverence for all the good for which America and it's people stand. I love this country!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for your post. I have been watching and waiting. :) I LOVE your patriotic "tablescape".

Post a Comment